Friday, Apr 30, 2021
Beginning on May 5, 2021, the Michigan Nature Association will be temporarily closing the Twin Waterfalls Memorial Plant Preserve (also known as Memorial, Tannery, and Rudy M. Olson Falls) to all visitors. MNA is taking this action to make the following improvements to the preserve:
- Reroute the walking trail system
- Address erosion sites
- Install new trailhead infrastructure and alter access sites
- Upgrade trail and signage
These improvements seek to balance the need for protecting the Nature Sanctuary and enabling visitors to access and enjoy the falls long into the future.
The re-opening date of the Nature Sanctuary will depend on several factors including contractor timelines, weather, and others, but is anticipated to be re-opened in late 2022. During this time, visitation to Twin Waterfalls Memorial Plant Preserve will be strictly prohibited. MNA appreciates your cooperation and understanding.
Other waterfalls to see in the Munising area:
- Munising Falls: Follow H-58 east until you reach Washington Street and turn left. Follow this road until you reach the Munising Memorial Hospital and the falls parking area is across the street.
- Wagner Falls: Follow M-94 south out of Munising and the falls parking area is approximately 1/4 mile from the intersection with M-28.
- Mosquito Falls: Drive 15 miles east out of Munising on county road H-58 until you reach Chapel Road. Follow the signs north approximately 5 miles until you reach the end of the road. An approximately 1-mile trail leads you through the woods to this secluded waterfall.
Please direct questions to Julie Stoneman, firstname.lastname@example.org.